Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, December 19, 2005

Tommy Calls me Carrot and Lisa is Not Loud


Today was the second day that Lucas only had his pacifer during nap time and bed time. Things went smoothly again. The only time I wanted to break down and give it to him was when he woke up from a nap right in the middle of me cooking dinner and talking to Lisa on the phone. He wanted to be held but I couldn't hold him and finish cooking because I didn't want to take the chance that he would be burned somehow. So I sat him in his carseat and finished up in the kitchen while he made his displeasure heard during the five minutes it took me to finish dinner. The hard part is going to be taking it away while he goes to sleeps... which I'm not sure when I'm going to progress to that step. I am starting to think his pacifier acted as a dam for all of his drool.

Tonight after he was asleep I went to go see Lori's new apartment. It was strange to see it because the complex where she is moving into is the same one Curt and I had our first home. Her apartment is totally opposite from the layout of ours. I'm really excited for her but at the same time I wish we still lived there so I could be closer to my family now that Lucas is here. (Not that we leave too far away but it would be nice to live closer)

After checking out Lori's new digs I followed her back to my parents house to hang out for a few minutes before heading home. Lori remembered she found some of my stuff (when I moved out she took over my bedroom). One of the things she found was a diary I kept the summer of '95. (I was 13) One of the things I did that summer was go with my family to California.

Aug 11, 95 Fri
Dear Diary,
Kristen (my cousin), Lori, and I went to the Visalia Mall. Mom and Uncle Jimmy picked us up in an old mail truck and Jimmy wore a straw hat with flowers on it. We all ate spegitti at Grandma's and spent the night at Greg & Tom's. Tommy calls me carrot. We babysat them.
Kari Moore

Also in the journal are several drafts of a poem that I was writing about Ted and Lisa. Here is the last version of the poem called "I look up to":

I look up to you
In each and every day
I look up to everything you do.
I look up to everything you say.

I look up to my brother Ted
of him I am very proud
I look up to Lisa the one to who he is wed
She gives her personal touch to everything without being loud.

They are very loving and caring
with everything they have they are often sharing.

3 comments:

TednLisa said...

Oh it should be Ted is often sharing since my real name is Greedsa. Oh this was too good.

Liz said...

That is so funny, Jim remembered you guys being so embarrased. That made us laugh.

Stacy said...

I thought your poem was neat (but Lisa is loud, just kidding, Lisa)