Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, August 18, 2006

Lucas Laughing


Lucas has been going to OT & PT for almost a month now. Today for the very first time he crawled on his hands and knees all by himself. His occupational therapist and I were sitting on the floor next to each other giving each other these looks and saying "did you see that?!!?" She took him across the room to see if he would do it again and he crawled so far right to me. He climbed right up in my lap gave me a big hug and started to pat me on the back. Both his therapist and I had tears in our eyes.

It is such an amazing feeling watching him and seeing all he has accomplished in such a short time. Oh, and today he also stood without holding onto anything. He was standing up playing with these blocks at the bench. He let go of where he was holding on to grab toys with both hands. He stood there for a few seconds... before he put his hand back on the bench to steady himself.

Curt got home pretty soon after Lucas and I did. I laid Lucas down for a nap and went and worked out at the gym again. Such an awesome day!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh, I'm so glad to hear of the progress Lucas is making! Sounds like you have wonderful people to work with and sounds like Lucas is having a blast while learning - what more could you ask for?

and Yay for the gym! I really need to get back on a regular program once the baby's born.