Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Dear Lucas (102 Weeks),


This week your Dad shaved pretty much all of your hair off. I miss your sweet curls but I think you really love your new haircut. You seem to be a whole lot cooler without your extra hair. Now when you fall asleep in your car seat your hair isn't plastered to your head with sweat. Today your Dad went and shaved his hair off too and now you both match, which you think is pretty cool. You new hairstyle is starting to grow on me.... shhhh don't tell your Dad!

Lately you've really developed a love for planes and trains. Yesterday we were at our weekly playgroup when some cartoon about airplanes and helicopters came on and you stopped what you were doing and just stared at the screen and every once in a while you would say "copter" or "pane!" Today we got to go over and play with another friend and he had a huge train table and you were in heaven with his "choo choos." Poor guy, you don't really have any trains, planes, or helicopters (which you REALLY love for some reason!) Its cool that you get to test out your friends' toys, but just so you know... they really aren't yours no matter how many times you yell "MINE!" while clutching the toy to your chest.

This week you started saying some "FUN" new toddler phrases. Some of my favorites are "uh uhhh," "don't want it," and "help!" Sometimes every answer to a question you are asked is "uh uhhh!" I know this it is just a phase so I try and have fun with it. I ask you if your name is Lucas or if I am your Mom or if the sky is blue while you shake your head and yell "uh uhhh." I don't give up until I find a question you can't resist saying yes too (which usually is something like "Do you want some Goldfish crack whores?") The same thing applies to "don't want it!" The fun really starts when we are in public and I am trying to get you to do something like sit in the shopping cart or sit still in church and you scream "HELP!!!" at the top of your lungs like I am some stranger trying to steal you away from your nice Mommy. Who's idea was it to teach you to talk? Lucky for you, you know how to say a heart melting "swody" (sorry) which you usually follow with a quick hug and a slobbery kiss.
Bugga, I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

No comments: