Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Lucas' 3 Year Check Up

In the car on the way to the doctor we had the following conversation:

Me: "We're going to the doctor so you can get a check up."

Lucas: "Doctor listen to my heart like cookie monster?" (he has a Sesame Street Doctor set)

Me: "Yes, the doctor will listen to your heart. They will also see how much you weigh and how tall you are."

Lucas: "NO! I DON'T WANT TO GO TO THE DOCTOR!!"

Me: "Why not?"

Lucas: "I Don't want to be tall. I want to be tiny!"

Me: "Ok then they will measure how tiny you are."

Lucas "Barney is tall. Daddy is tall."

Me: "You don't want to grow up and be tall like Daddy"

Lucas "NO MOOOMMMMY! I WANT TO BE T-I-N-Y!

When we get to his appointment Lucas is fine until the nurse asks him to stand against the wall so she can see how tall he is. He throws himself into a ball while I explain the tiny thing. When she asks him to stand up so she can see how tiny he is he stands up and cooperates.

Lucas is 31 lbs (which is the 40th%) and 35.3 inches tiny (20th%)

No comments: