Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, September 14, 2008

This is the Life

On Wednesday we were supposed to head to St.Simons Island by 10:00 AM but my mom ended up getting called into work. We finally ended up making it there a little after 10:00 PM only to find out that to get to our hotel room we had to go up steps. Only problem is my Grandma can't get up steps so the resort we were staying at upgraded us from a room with 2 double beds to a condo with 3 bedrooms and 3 bathrooms! We also had a full kitchen so Lucas and I made a food run at 11:30 at night. He was so excited to be out that late (he slept in the car on the way there.)

Lucas and I ended up picking the master bedroom because it came with an awesome bathtub (I lost track of the amount of baths Lucas took while we were there.) Our room also had two walk-in-closets that Lucas said were his "clubhouses."

When I finally got Lucas to crawl up in bed he told me "my baby is sad, he misses Jadie."

It was after 1AM before we went to sleep.

Even though we didn't get to bed until LATE it didn't stop Lucas from getting up before 8AM. I woke up to him saying "The Sun is up mommy. NO SLEEPING!"

Lucas found a new love... honey nut cheerios. He had two BIG bowls of cereal for breakfast.

I'm so glad that he brought his train set. We had a lot of down time in the condo since my Mom was at conference attending classes during the day. Lucas and I came along to take care of my Grandma and keep her company.

Right outside our condo was a private pool and we had it to ourselves the whole time. Right behind the pool is the marsh and we kept finding fiddler crabs in the pool.

We rescued one of the crabs from the pool and he grabbed onto my camera strap. Lucas loved getting a closer look.

Lucas also really enjoyed the balcony that overlooked the pool. He liked that he was allowed to play "outside" by himself.

There was also lots of naked time. For some reason Lucas discovered his love of being nude this week. He loved yelling "I'M NAKED!"

Since we ended up having all the extra room in the condo I was able to talk my sister Lori into coming down for a night. It was even more fun with her there.

No comments: