Hand Print Chocolate Chip Pumpkin Pie
1 15-oz. pkg. refrigerated pie crust
1 15-oz. can packed pumpkin
1 14-oz. can sweetened condensed milk
1 tsp. apple pie spice
1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
1. Heat the oven to 375 degrees, then begin making the turkey hand print for the pie. Trace your child's hand print on a piece of lightweight cardboard, then cut it out to create a stencil. Place the stencil over one of the circles of pie dough and cut around it, adding turkey feet to the bottom of the hand.
2. Place the cutout on a nonstick baking sheet. Brush with water and sprinkle lightly with sugar. Bake for 8 to 12 minutes or until golden brown. Let cool.
3. Next, place the remaining circle of pie dough in a 9-inch glass pie pan. Press the crust firmly against the sides and bottom of the pan. Crimp the edges.
4. In a large mixing bowl, combine the pumpkin, sweetened condensed milk, eggs and apple pie spice. Mix until smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips, if desired.
5. Pour the mixture into the pie crust and bake at 375 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until an inserted knife comes out clean (except for melted chocolate). 6. Place the baked turkey cutout in the center of the pie and allow the pie to cool before serving. Makes one 9-inch pie.