Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, February 15, 2009

I Bet I Earned Some Gray Hairs Today

Curt's car started acting up and Curt's friend Sean who is a former mechanic offered to help him fix it. I am friends with Sean's wife Priscilla so she suggested while the guys were working on the car our boys could play together (they have 2 boys one a little younger than Lucas and one a little older) and us girls could talk. Well while the men were outside working on the car Priscilla and I were talking while she folding clothes. All of a sudden we heard this crash followed by a blood curdling scream coming from the boys room.

We both jumped up and found Lucas pinned under a dresser with a giant TV that had been sitting on the dresser less than 3 inches away from his head. I thought I was going to have to call 911 or something but Lucas was fine except for a gash on his head and a few behind his ears and some scratches and bruises on both sides of his face. He also has a scratch across his belly from one of the drawers.
The ironic thing in all of this is that the TV that almost fell on his head had just been sold to Priscilla and Sean by us. We had an extra and didn't want to put it in Lucas room for free that he would climb up and tip it over on himself among other things. Also, last night when I had talked to Priscilla she had JUST mentioned to me that she wanted her husband to brace the TV and dresser somehow because she was scared of something like this happening to her boys. Thankfully Lucas is okay I think it scared us more than him because later on we caught him trying to climb on furniture again. This kid has NO FEAR!!!

3 comments:

Lini said...

Yikes!! How scary! I am SO paranoid about furniture tipping over that we have all of our dressers and bookshelves braced to the wall. Thank goodness the tv missed him, and big hugs to you!

Jolynn said...

Wow, Kari! I'm so thankful Lucas only has some scratches and bruises to show for it, so thankful. I'm sorry you had such a scare. ((hugs))

Unknown said...

oh my goodness!!! I'm so glad he only got bumps and scrapes...that's one for the books. Hugs to both of you.