Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, March 17, 2009

Parenting is a Crappy Job Part II

Today we spent a lovely afternoon at a local park with our friends. We had a nice picnic and the kids got out their energy on the playgroup and fished a little with their Dads. I ended up bringing Lucas home with me about 4:30 because I was worn out. I turned cartoons on for him and he played trains while I dozed on and off on the couch.

It was really a great day. For the first time every Lucas wore underwear while we were out and didn't have an accidents. (Up until today he was fine as long as we were home but would not go potty anywhere else.)

So I am laying on the couch and Lucas asks if he could please go take a bath because he just went potty and has a little poop on his leg. I'm thinking no big deal. He is still learning how to wipe. I'll throw him in the bathtub and he can play and get clean before bed. Well, as I am walking Lucas to the bathroom through the kitchen I notice that there is a pile of poop on the floor. I asked him what happened and he tells me, "I pooped on the counter while I was looking for a snack." Thinking I did not hear him correctly I look at the counter and sure enough there is another little pile of poop. Well, actually it started on top of the counter and ran down all the way to the floor.

Yes, my child scaled the kitchen counter (which he KNOWS he is not supposed to do) and didn't even have to use a chair. While standing on the cabinet trying to look for goodies to pillage he gets the urge to go. So instead of stopping what he was NOT SUPPOSED TO BE DOING IN THE FIRST PLACE he just goes where he stands, all in the name for a box of raisins.

Why did we want him out of diapers and pull ups again?

1 comment:

Kirsten said...

I laughed so hard at this! I LOVE these Lucas stories. My nephews never did anything as interesting as pooping on the counter!