Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Cuddle Me

Tonight for some reason Lucas didn't go to bed as easily as he normally does. He kept coming out of his room and just standing there trying to see what was going on in the rest of the house. I had already read him a story and prayed with him so I was starting to get a little annoyed that he wasn't going to bed, especially since I had to much stuff to do. At one point I told him he needed to go to bed so I could get everything done. I needed to pack his snack, find his uniform, fold some laundry, make Curt's lunch and the list goes on and on. When I got done rattling off my to do list he looked up at me with his big blue eyes and said, "Then will you come cuddle me?"
For a second I thought about just telling him yes and then going about my business knowing that he would probably drift off to sleep before I finished. But then something about the sweetness in his voice made me follow him back into his room. I tucked him back in his bed and then I laid down beside him and cuddled him. He snuggled up to me and instantly I realized just how special that moment was and I started to quietly cry, because I almost missed it. The tears rolled down my cheeks and spilled onto his Thomas the tank engine pillow. One day I know I will ache for moments like this when Lucas thinks he is too old and grown up for snuggle time. It only took a few minutes for Lucas to drift off to sleep but I still laid there for a few minutes more brushing the curls off of his forehead and kissing the tip of his cute little nose.

1 comment:

Lini said...

Sometimes Hannah asks me to snuggle her, and even though I'm usually busy I try to take the time. You're so right, soon they'll be "too big" to ask for snuggles, gotta get them in while we still can!