- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 14.5 oz can of crushed tomatoes without seasonings
- 1 2 cup bag of shredded Italian cheese
- 6 fresh basil leaves, chopped
- 1 pound pasta (like penne or cavatappi)
- 1 12 oz bag of frozen raw peeled and deveined shrimp, thawed*
- 1 TBSP unsalted butter
- 1 tsp fresh crushed garlic
Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F.
Bring 5 quarts of salted water to a boil in a stockpot.
While waiting for water to boil, melt the butter in a skillet and then add the garlic. Allow to slightly brown, mix in half of the crushed tomatoes. Add all of the basil. Bring to a slight simmer.
Add pasta to the water and parboil for 4 minutes.
Add shrimp to skillet and allow to simmer for two minutes.
Combine all the ingredients except the pasta in a large mixing bowl. Mix well.
Drain pasta well in a colander and add to the ingredients in the mixing bowl, tossing to combine.
Pour into a large baking dish and bake 10-15 minutes,until bubbly and brown on top.
*Ham chunks are also great substitute for the shrimp