Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, June 01, 2018

Our 13th Day in Pictures

Pretty proud of myself for keeping this going for so long.  On April 23, 2018 I took pictures for our 13th day in pictures.  I may not have been good at updating Lucas' baby book, or printing out pictures and filling up photo albums but I have managed to keep this one thing going. 

The above picture pretty much sums up what it is like to live with an almost 8th grader who is almost 13.  Our lives have changed so much this year.  I am officially a teacher.  I love my job as a special education teacher.  My class is a self-contained class for kindergarten students with Autism.  They are mostly nonverbal and we work on giving them ways to communicate.  This year my class has been all boys.  I also switched my major at Armstrong (well now it is Georgia Southern) to Special Education. 

Lucas is still at STEM.  It is such an amazing school that has given him wonderful opportunities like going to New York to study and experiment with DNA.  The stuff he is doing in middle school I don't think I even did in high school, maybe even college.  It is hard to believe that soon he will be in high school.  The days are long but the years are short!

Samantha and Caden are living in Florida with my mother-in-law so it is just our little family of three again. 

Curt is still doing glass work.  He and Lucas have really bonded over their love of sci-fi and super heroes.  We have been married for almost 17 years now.  Wow! The time she has flown by and we have grown up together.  I'm so thankful that I have him by my side as I survive through my first year of teaching.  I can't wait until I am done with school (Dec 2019) so we can spend our money on traveling instead of tuition. 

Jadie and Squeakie are still the best dog and cat that a family could ask for. 

I can't wait to see what the next year has in store for us!

No comments: