Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, June 24, 2005

I changed my mind


By nine months, most of your baby's bones have hardened, although his skull is still pliable. He's shedding most of the downy covering of hair as well as the creamy vernix caseosa that covered his body. He'll spend the next few weeks just putting on weight. Posted by Hello

I went to bed earlier thinking it was just a normal night and the next thing I know I am feeling this strange sensation of what I start to think is contractions. I start to freak out and think "HOLY CRAP I AM NOT READY FOR THIS!" Thank God for the childbirth classes because they were braxton hicks contractions. The way you tell the difference is if they stop or lessen by changing positions, walking around, having a snack... so I got up walked around, took a hot shower, and drank a glass of ice cold milk.

I am realizing I'm not as ready as I thought I was. Can I change my mind about the whole baby thing? I mean I am going to be a MOM! That is so strange! I'm going to have to go through labor, and then take home this little wrinkled screaming thing and take care of him.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you are going to be the best mom ever. and we are all here to help- even if he is wrinkled and screaming.

TednLisa said...

Hey hope those didn't freak you out too much.

Lisa