Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, July 20, 2005

40 weeks and 6 Days and No Baby "Yet"



Well, I just got home from my appointment and things are starting to get interesting. First up since I will be 41 weeks tomorrow they hooked me up to this machine that measures the heartbeat of the baby and to see if I might be having any contractions (which I was even though I can't feel them YET).

Next was the fun part... they checked to see if I was diallated at all. When I say "fun" I mean that as sarcastic as possible. The good news is I am already 3 CM diallated. You are in active labor from 4-8cm and ready to push at 10cm. I also had my membranes stripped which was just the highlight of my day. IT HURT! I could possibly go into labor tonight but nothing is for sure. If not I have the option of trying castor oil to try and induce. Which I won't even go into now.

The only other thing is that he is head down BUT he is turned backwards meaning we are spine to spine... instead of him facing my spine. So I have to try everything I can to try and get him to turn aound or I will have BACK LABOR!

2 comments:

Liz said...

sounds like the time is coming soon. Tell Lisa to call or email us when the big time comes. Congrats!

Anonymous said...

Well looks like I'm going to be an Aunt this MONTH after all! LOL