Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, August 08, 2005

12 Days Old


Lucas after Daddy brushed his hair Posted by Picasa

Today was the first day Lucas and I were home alone while Curt was at work. Last week either Lori, Lisa, or my Mom stayed with me. Everything went great though. Everyday it things really do get easier.

Lucas also got his pacifier back for the first time since I started to nurse full time. We waited awhile to give it to him to make sure that their wasn't any nipple confusion and so far so good.

Last night while he was nursing he wrapped his little hand around one of my fingers and it was just the sweetest thing.

Jadie loves Lucas and is always sneaking ways to snuggle with him. This morning when Curt left for work she was cuddled under the covers at my feet and Lucas was laying in the crook of my arm. I went back to sleep and when I woke up she was cuddled up at Lucas' feet and when he woke up and started kicking her in the face she just laid there looking up at us.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad your day went well. I have 150 appetizers to make tomorrow. Fun!!!!

Liz said...

It is good to hear that things are getting easier. You will probably look back and not even remember how hard it was.

Anonymous said...

That's so funny--we were worried about the whole "nipple confusion" thing, too, and I can remember asking our pediatrician about it. He said, "I always ask the babies, 'are you confused?' and they never say they are" or something corny like that (he didn't believe in it). Yes, thank goodness for paci's! (and thumbs when they "find" them).
Stacy