Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Lucas' first appointment

Well this morning I somehow managed to get myself and Lucas ready by 8:30 AM so that Lisa could drive me to his first Pediatrician appointment. He is back at his birth weight of 10 pounds 4 ounces and so he sure isn't starving! Pumping is going ok. I just can't wait for his congestion to clear up and get the whole breast feeding thing worked out because it takes up so much time! 30 minutes to be able to feed him once, and then repeat this every few hours. So not having to pump will cut out the middle man.

Formula is too expensive and I want this whole breastfeeding thing to work out. I looked up to see how much the pump I rented from the hospital cost... It is OVER $1000.00!!! Geez! My hormones are going crazy! Curt came home from work and I just started to cry, he asked me why and I started to laugh and said "beats me, it is the hormones." He keeps asking me if I would marry him all over again, and I would.

We are still in this sleep deprived fog of new parenthood and now I think the greatest invention is the answering machine. Everyone wants to come over and visit but with Lucas being so congested we really don't want anyone around. He needs to get over his little cold. His pediatrician told us to give him 3 drops 3 times a day for 3 days of decongestant drops, hopefully it works. He didn't like being stripped naked to be weighed, but he wasn't thrilled to have his clothes put back on either.

We came home and after Lisa dropped us off and left about 11:30 we cuddled up and went to sleep until 3:00. He woke up hungry so I fed him and realized I hadn't eaten all day. I can't believe I've almost been a mom for a whole week.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gosh, I guess it really almost has been a week. Sorry for the Jadie jumps and the red light. Call me Safety Mom and Safety Lisa.

Liz said...

I remember unconsciencly waiting a long time to change or dress Ean because he would pitch such a bitch. I sympathize! Sometimes if he wasn;t dirty I would leave him the same clothes for two days.

Anonymous said...

We love you very much!