Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, October 31, 2005

Happy *Celebrate Fall Because Halloween is Evil Day! (I love you mom)


What a great first Halloween* for Lucas. He was just so strangely happy all day. We even went outside and sat on the front steps and watched Jadie run around. It felt so good to sit in the warm sun. After that I made happy birthday calls to my cousin Eric (he is 21) and my Grandma Moore (my Dad's mom who lives in Cali). It was really great to catch up with both! Lucas nursed and napped on and off while I was on the phone for about 2 hours.

We didn't get a single trick-or-treater! This is the 5th year in a row that not a single kid wanted our free candy! (Matthew and Shane don't count in 2001 because I begged Ted and Lisa to bring them by.) Good thing I bought the cheap gum that looses flavor after three chews... Wait now I'm stuck with it! Anyone want 90 pieces of double bubble?

While we waited for kids to not show up I dressed Jadie and Lucas up. Jadie is such a great dog to abuse by putting clothes on her because she listens when you tell her to sit and stay. (Funny how that is the only time she listens to those commands...)

In between all the dress up fun I called my Dad to find out if he had a 4 in one tire lug nut loosener thing (we have a flat on the Explorer... long story) which he did. He also found out today he has been chosen to be a sequestered for a Death Penalty Case for possibly the next three weeks starting tomorrow. So since Dad will be on lockdown for a while I decided to take Lucas over to visit. It was really cool because we ended up seeing all of our family! (The only people who were missing were Curt who had just gotten off work, and Tony who is in Iraq). Lucas got a little cuddle time with his Great Grandma and Grandma. Before we left I walked Lucas over to the neighbors house with my Dad, Matthew, Colby, Shane and Lori. It was cool to see my Dad showing off all four of his grandsons.

5 comments:

Liz said...

Man Lucas is cute, I can't wait to see him in person and hug him my self. That was a perfect costume for him.

TednLisa said...

so you go outside and even write about it on your blog. Have you ever thought of subscribing to Outside,Outdoor Life Outdoor Photography?

TednLisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori said...

Hey, that was a lot of fun having every body over. Pumpkin is a cute Lucas... Oh wait, I mean Lucas is a cute Pumpkin.
Treat or Treat

Stacy said...

Great pix--the dog doesn't look too happy, though, sort of like he's thinking "are you serious? orange is so not my color"