Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, October 23, 2005

Who are you and what have you done with my husband?


You know he is thinking "Oh I so am!" Posted by Picasa

Curt and I were in the midst of our Sunday routine (I feed Lucas, pass him to Curt, he burps him, then Lucas and I nap on the couch... and repeat) when Curt says to me "I want to make dinner, but I have to go to the grocery store first!" While he has "threatened" this before he has never followed through. He has never in the almost 5 years that I have known him ever gone to the grocery store alone. Sure he's gone with me a few times kicking and screaming and stopped once at a gas station on his way home from work to pick me up something I was craving while I was pregnant or even picked up fast food for us for dinner. He has NEVER gone grocery shopping alone.

As he took a shower and got dressed I asked in disbelief "You are going grocery shopping... alone?" as he nodded I handed over the Food Lion MVP card and kissed him goodbye. About an hour and about $70 later he returned grocery bags in hand. He did pretty well for his first trip. He did buy some veggies and a lot of stuff I can't eat because they give Lucas bad gas pains (like about a dozen frozen burritos) but his heart was in the right place so I bit my tongue. WHICH WAS HARD!!! Next time I'll just send him with a list.

The night only got stranger when he cooked dinner, (ham, spinach, and Mac & cheese) and even packed his own lunch for the next day! He did have to kick me out of the kitchen when I was telling him that he was cooking everything wrong... Let's just say maybe I shouldn't make fun of my brother anymore. When Curt was just eyeing the amount of milk and butter he added to the Mac and cheese I think I felt my skin crawl. Ok I am a little anal I guess. Maybe I'm the cooking Nazi.

He also held a screaming baby while I took a shower long enough to shave my legs (can't even remember the last time I did that) and took a nap.

Who knew that whole talking to your spouse and telling them how they can make your life easier thing really does work... and to think I have been using that whole "I'm shooting you evil daggers with my eyes because you should just KNOW what I want and need for you to do" wasn't as effective.

I feel like I won the husband lottery.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ah the joys of macaroni and cheese made properly. Wait till Lucas learns how to make PB & J with his loving Uncle.


... Did I forget to mention the art of timing Ramen noodles. No lettuce included. (Weird)

Liz said...

AMEN to that- we have just went through that whole thing AGAIN, it will happen to you again too I am sure, just remember what you need to do.