Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, December 27, 2005

My sister lives with a Boy!

I am going through Lori withdrawal! Tony, her husband, got home from a year in Iraq early Monday morning and I am trying not to call Lori because I sure she wants to spend alone time with Tony (so they can do stuff like knit socks and alphabetize their can goods). I know they have been married for over a year now but since Tony has been gone for most of that time it is just hitting me now that my sister lives with a boy!

Lori got their apartment at the beginning of the month so she could set up house before Tony got back. Almost every day since she signed the lease we have talked at least once. I was actually able to give her friendly advice without coming off as a know it all big sister. We were hanging out because we liked each other not just because we were sisters and had to love each other (well that and I have a working dryer). We went shopping for things for her apartment that she would need but might not realize and I helped her make a list of things to get from the grocery store.

I was also starting to see a sarcastic side of Lori (which thrills me to no end!) and we were starting to tease each other instead of just me teasing her. Now I have to share her with Tony! I guess I just have to wait until they get tired of each other and become just another "old married" couple...

or until Curt steals Tony away from Lori to go fishing!

2 comments:

Stacy said...

Sorry you're sad about that. I guess we fall in the "old married couple" status, ha ha, since we've been married 16 1/2 years now--but don't break out the rocking chair yet!

:o)

Lori said...

Yeah, we had lots of fun alphabetizing our canned goods. We even organized all of our pasta! I knitted you some socks, by the way. Don't worry, you can call me everyday now. I have a new cell phone, so when you see a strange number on caller ID today, it's me!
I love you, Sis.