Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, December 18, 2005

Phase One of Operation Bye Bye Paci


Today we started phase one of the operation bye bye paci. When Lucas would get out of his crib his paci would not. I hadn't planned on starting phasing out his pacifier until he woke up this morning at 7:30 (he didn't wake up early just because he went to sleep at 6 last night) All day long he didn't miss it one bit and honestly neither did I. Not once did I even find myself wanting to go retrieve it. I realized even more how much we (mostly meaning I) give it to him without any other reason except to prevent him from crying "just in case." The hard part is going to be getting him to sleep without his pacifier but the whole point of getting rid of it in the first place is so he stops waking up just because it falls out.

Lucas has been asleep for about an hour and my arms ache to hold him. Every day is a blur of diaper changing, nursing, tickling, talking, laughing, shusshing, picture taking, story reading, clothes changing, drool wiping, and burping that before I know it the day is over and he is asleep and I am left wanting to just hold him. This is so ironic because at night I look forward to his bedtime. I think to myself "oh it is almost 7:00 soon I can start getting him ready for bed then I can do whatever I want." Then not even an hour later I miss him.

3 comments:

Liz said...

when you go to your blogger home page, where you click to make a new post it should say how many posts you have. It will be by your blog name. If you have problems let me know I will send you an email with better instructions.

TednLisa said...

Hope the operation goes well

Liz said...

soooooo how many???