Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, June 16, 2006

Maps


When we got off the plane in Fresno California the first thing we did was get our luggage and pick up our rental car. Once we got everything loaded into the car and Lucas all buckled in I sat in the front passenger seat and my mom sat behind the wheel. She handed me a stack of directions and told me I was the official navigator. The pile of papers included our flight itinerary, a map of Fresno and the surrounding area, directions to my Aunt Margie's House, my Grandma's house and Uncle Jimmy and Lindsay's house, which are all in Visalia. We were headed to my Aunt Margie's house because they were having my cousin Kristen's rehearsal dinner there and pretty much everyone would be there already.

As we pulled out of the parking lot I read the first direction to my Mom and I thought we were off to a good start. She called my aunt Margie and left a message to let her know that we had finally arrived in Fresno (our last plane was a little late) and were on the way. Everything was off to a good start when my mom's cell phone rang. Since my Mom was worried that California might have a law that prohibited using a cell phone while driving I answered the phone. I talked to my Aunt for less than a minute and when I got off my Mom was "following her nose" or at least that is what she said.

I was a little skeptical about my mother's nose's sense of direction so my mom told me to check on the Fresno map if she was going the right direction. Shuffling through the piles of paper to find the map I accidentally dropped them. I picked them back up, looked at the map and saw that we were going in the opposite direction of where we needed to be. I finally convinced my Mom and her nose to backtrack to the Airport and to follow the map.

We made it to my Aunt's house finally without any other incident. When we pulled up in the yard my cousin Tommy came out to greet us and my Uncle Jim (my Dad and Margie's brother)stood in the doorway. I got Lucas out of his car seat and we headed in the house. When we walked in my Uncle introduced us to his cat, Larry. I had heard stories of Larry before and I knew my uncle loved HER but I thought it was odd that he brought a cat to my Aunt's house. Since there was only one other person besides Tommy, and Jim when we walked in the house my Mom asked "where is Margie?" Jimmy responded "She's probably at her house!" We finally realized we had driven to the wrong house then Jim introduced us to Lindsay's Dad.

I guess when I dropped the papers looking for the map I must have mixed up the directions and didn't notice since all three sets of directions started off at the airport. We ended up following Tommy to Margie's house.

**********
Lindsay just posted the pictures of the Zoo from her camera. There are a lot of great pictures and some even have me and Lucas in them. Check them out here

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ha! That's awesome!

I would have been very confused about the cat being at the rehearsal dinner as well. lol

Liz said...

Hi- when I tried to click the link you posted it didn't work, this one should work.

http://www.kodakgallery.com/Slideshow.jsp?mode=fromshare&Uc=v5tzi77.2s9yi4rf&Uy=uhezlb&Ux=0