Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Saturday, June 17, 2006

Sleeping Like a Baby


This afternoon Lucas and I stayed with my Grandma for a few hours at my parents house. I was there during Lucas' nap time. I ended up laying him on the bed in the guest bedroom/office/my old room and stacking pillows around him in hopes of preventing him from rolling off the bed. I ended up stacking the pillows up so high that I was able to stay in the room but he couldn't see me or know I was still in there. It is nice to get a picture with him all cuddled up sleeping. I have a hard time getting pictures of him sleeping anymore. He is a light sleeper and when I try to sneak in his room and check on him just the sound of the door knob turning usually wakes him up.

*****

Lucas showed me a new trick of his today. He was sitting on my lap and I was playing with his hands. He put one of his hands on the outside of each of my hands and made me clap... just like we used to do with him a month or so ago trying to teach him to clap. I even tried holding my hands closed and he would pry them apart and push them together again. When we got home I wanted to show Curt so I sat him on my lap again and put my hands together and he put his hands on top of mine again and made me clap my hands. Curt was as impressed by this as I was.

*****
Lucas went to bed at 9PM and then Curt and I went to bed about 9:30 (yes on a Friday Night!) I am NOT used to going to bed this early as I'm sure you can tell from the time of my usual posts each night. I turned on the baby monitor and fell right to sleep. Well, Lucas woke up around 1:30AM so I got out of bed and went and got him. I was groggy and didn't even think about how he usually wakes up at this time and fusses for a few minutes and goes right back to sleep I got out of bed. I nursed him for a few minutes but he really wasn't hungry so I laid him back down and he went right to sleep. I, on the other hand have been wide awake since then. I guess my body isn't used to me going to bed so early and thought I was taking a nap instead of trying to get a full night of sleep.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Awww!! I love the picture of him sleeping - they always look like such little angels, all snuggled in bed. *sigh* - hurry up, Zoe, mommy wants to take pictures!

And OMG it's so cool that he understands the clapping thing, that's adorable. Any chance of video clips on this in the future? *puppy eyes*