Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, June 29, 2006

T-4 (and no it is not another sequel to the Terminator)

I just got off the phone with the very sweet nurse from the G.I. Doctor's office. Most of Lucas blood work is back. The Celiacs stuff (the wheat and glutton intolerance) isn't back and won't be back until Wednesday at the latest. I was told that everything looks normal except his T-4 Thyroid test.

For his age the low end of "Normal" should be 6 and his is 5.2. So they (the GI office) are calling a pediatric endocrinologist to see what he thinks (if they should refer us to him or just repeat the blood work)

So, I guess this could be a possible cause of his slow weight gain. We still don't know anything for sure.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

At least if the thyroid thing IS a problem, you know it's something that's somewhat easily fixable - especially once you know for sure that's what it is or isn't :D

*hugs*

(oh! and thanks for commenting on my "question" post... I was really beginning to wonder what was going on! But it seems I am just crazy or a late poster or something heh)

Liz said...

sorry, didn't mean to ignore you earlier, I did get your IM, I was interviewing a nanny and didn't want to be rude to her.

It must be awful just waiting waiting, waiting. I bet you can't think about anything else.

Hopefully you will know more SOON.