Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, April 20, 2008

Yay for Poop!

If you were to look on the top of our refrigerator you would find a new train for Lucas' train set. It has been sitting up there for months just waiting to be a reward for Lucas once he is potty trained. Lucas knows it is up there and every so often he will whine and complain and beg for it. Tonight was one of those nights.

We were sitting down at dinner when Lucas starts asking for the train. I told him for the millionth time that he can have it once he starts going pee and poop in the potty (nice dinner conversation I know.) Well, he just looks at me and goes "I have to go poop now." I was a little annoyed because I just KNEW he was playing a trick to just go sit on the potty and then try and get his train. Since I didn't want to send the wrong message to him I took him anyway.

He sat on the potty and just seemed like he wanted to play. So I sat down on the tub and started to talk to him. He was just happily sitting on the potty when I heard him let out a little gas. He had a big smile on his face and I told him that sorry, that passing gas didn't count. When I told him that he clenched his little fists and scrunched up his little face and the tiniest little poop plopped into the potty.

I called Curt into the bathroom and almost on cue Lucas pooped again. We all were in the bathroom cheering and clapping. Curt showed Lucas how to flush the potty and I went to go fetch the bag of little treats that I had picked up at the dollar bin at Target a few days ago. At first Lucas thought that he was going to be getting his new train so we explained AGAIN that the train was for when he was out of diapers and in big boy underwear. Lucas was a little angry that he wasn't getting his train yet but he settled for a Curious George Stamp set.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sounds like a good start! Hopefully this will keep him motivated!