Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Wednesday, May 07, 2008

Gunky Eye Funk

Lucas has pink eye. I noticed yesterday afternoon that he had some strange eye gunk going on. Since yesterday was Tuesday it also meant we spent the morning at our meet up and all of Lucas' little friends were exposed to the eye gunk funk. It's never fun opening one of those "Sorry my kid has this contagious thing, we were around your kid, now have fun waiting to see if your kid gets it" emails. It is even less fun sending them!

I called his pediatrician today to see if I needed to bring him in and luckily they said they would just call him in a prescription. Lucas has been so excited all day long that he was getting medicine. I guess after seeing his Daddy take medicine when he hurt his back, Lucas thinks that is what big boys and adults do. All day long he kept asking "time to get my medicine?" Much to his dismay I waited until Lucas was napping and Curt was home from work before I went to pick it up. The last thing I wanted to do was take an oozy eyed toddler out in public.

When I got home Lucas was awake and the first thing he of course asked was if I had his medicine. He was so excited to see me pull out the little box and showed it to him and he opened his mouth wide and said he was ready.... until I explained that the medicine goes in his eyes. He flipped out and started telling us that he was scared and only wanted the medicine in his mouth. It took Curt and I both to pin him down and pry open his eyes to get one little tiny drop in each eye. All the while he is thrashing around and screaming at the top of his lungs "no mommy! I'm scared! PLEASE MOMMY NO!" I wanted to cry.

He is supposed to get drops in his eyes every three hours he is awake. I'm not sure if I will have much success getting them in his eyes until 3PM, when his Daddy comes home from work. Oh, and he is okay, once the drops are in his eyes he stops thrashing around and stops crying. He happily exclaims "all done," and then runs off to play.

No comments: