Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, July 15, 2008

The Road to Hell is Paved With Good Intentions

Today was voting day and I am kicking myself for NOT voting! I had planned on going after dinner so that I could take Lucas with me (I think it is very important to grow up seeing people voting) but ended up falling asleep while we were watching a movie. The whole reason I woke up is because I had this strange dream.

My sister Lori was running for Governor and her campaign manager Paula Deen was lecturing me that I needed to go vote because it wouldn't look right if I didn't vote. I woke up immediately ready to head out the door and case my ballot only to look at the clock and see that it was 7:12 and the polls were already closed.

3 comments:

Kirsten said...

I hardly think you are hell-bound for not voting.

If it makes you feel better, I never vote. I'm one of those people who thinks her vote doesn't count. This drives Jon crazy. Mostly, I just say it to get him riled up, but I do actually believe it.

Good thing there are model citizens like you and Jon who balance out the dregs of society like myself!

Alyce said...

that was hilarious..your dream...
I like to vote too, but this year is really different..I don't know if I will or not!

jj said...

Hey, if it makes you feel better, I didn't vote, either. But this was just a primary, so don't even worry. You can vote in the general election if you want to.

But really? Paula Dean? :0)