Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, September 02, 2008

I Hate Hurricane Season

I've lived in Savannah on and off for about twenty years and I'm still not used to Hurricane season. I don't know why but Hurricane Hanna has got me FREAKED out! Ever since I've first heard about us being on the projected path I've been so anxious. I know that there is nothing I can do about it. I've been praying like crazy that it turns and doesn't come here but on one hand I feel silly praying about it because that means that it might hit places that other people live and like I think God should spare our house and not other peoples'. Maybe since everything is out of my control I should start praying for peace instead.
If the storm continues on the projected path and the call for a voluntary evacuation we are going to leave and not wait for the mandatory evacuation for several reasons. The first being that we live in a trailer and if a hurricane really does hit us I don't think it will still be standing after the storm. The second reason we will go is because I do not want to get stuck in traffic! When I was in high school there was a mandatory evacuation for Hurricane Floyd. It took us two hours to go from our house to the Savannah Mall (which would normally take about five minutes) and then several more hours before we got to my Grandma's house (which is usually less than 2 hours away.) It was a VERY long ride to go without food, water, or bathrooms. I'm going to avoid being stuck in traffic with a 3 year old (if at all possible.)
.
Tomorrow I plan on straightening up around the house and making sure anything we would need to grab and pack is easily accessible. November 30th can't come soon enough!

No comments: