Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Slave Driver

Tonight Lucas and I sat down to get his Valentine's Day cards ready to pass out to his classmates tomorrow. He signed three cards before he turned to me and said, "I think I'm getting tired. You can just do the rest. I'll go take my bath." So Curt went and filled up the bathtub and I slaved away feeling out Toy Story Valentines. When Lucas was clean and wrinkled he got out of the bath and headed over to check out my handiwork only to find me still working on his cards. "What? Mom you are not finished yet?!?!" Then he sat down beside me and started stuffing envelopes and talking about how excited he was to pass out the cards to his friends tomorrow.

Tonight was one of those nights that make me thankful for all the little unsung things that my parents did for me as a child (like buying Valentine's Day cards or cutting my PB&J into 4 little triangles.)

No comments: