Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Facebook Fast


Last Sunday, I dropped my totally awesome touchscreen smart phone and the screen shattered. I realized pretty quickly just how dependent I have become on my phone for staying connected 24/7. I used my phone to check my email and my Facebook a zillion times a day. And when I wasn't checking my email or Facebook I was playing a game or watching something on Netflix. I never went anywhere without my phone.

I decided to use this time to suspend my Facebook account on my computer as well. I didn't want to be tied down to my computer checking updates that were sent to my email. As strange as it sounds, now that I am "off the grid" I feel a sense of freedom. I plan on reactivating my account once my phone is fixed (I sent it off Monday to get the screen repaired) but for now I am on a Facebook fast.

No comments: