Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Game On


I went to my Doctors appointment on Thursday and he suggested putting me on Metformin, which I had been planning on asking about anyway. However, before I can be put on Metformin I had to get some blood work done. He also wanted me to stay on Clomid because it is supposed to work even better paired with Metformin. I decided to give it another shot and he doubled my dose.

On Friday I went and had my blood drawn (and I still have the bruises to prove it!) I was sent for three tests.
  1. A1C test ( it is like a 2-3 month average blood sugar)
  2. 2 Hour Glucose test (test in which glucose is given and blood samples taken afterward to determine how quickly it is cleared from the blood)
  3. Insulin Fast (A fasting serum insulin level of greater than the upper limit of normal for the assay used (approximately 60 pmol/L) is considered evidence of insulin resistance)
My doctor wants to see me in 30 days to discuss the results from the blood tests and decide if I need Metformin or not. In the meantime I had to start taking Provera again because my period did not start on it's own like it did during the last cycle. So here we go again.

1 comment:

Lini said...

hope the results offer you some insight and provide some answers