Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, June 30, 2011

Dear Lucas (5 years 11 months),


You are officially a big first grader and in one month you will be six. You are already telling people that you are six. When I remind you that you aren't quite six you tell me, "Well, I am fake six." The other day you asked me if I was sad that you were growing up and you told me, "I'm still me. I'll always be your son."

Your last day of Kindergarten was fun. Your teacher put together a safari party complete with games and an outdoor picnic. You were blessed with such a special teacher this year. It's been amazing seeing how much you learned in Kindergarten. You can now read short books. Since it's the summer you can stay up a little later and the two of us stay up reading books. We just finished the first Harry Potter book and I love reading you chapter books just like my Mom used to read to me.

The summer just got started but we're already off to a great start. We've been the the movies, you've driven a go-cart, we've gone on a short road trip and you've gone swimming more times than I can count. You also spent the week with your Grandparents and went to Vacation Bible School. When it was time to bring you home you asked me if you could just live with Grandma and Grandpa. You said you would just come visit me and Daddy sometimes.
You have become a little fish. You've been able to swim for the last few summers you just didn't have the confidence. You finally decided to trust yourself and you went swimming off into the deep end without any floats. Before long you were jumping off the diving board and swimming to the side of the pool. It was so awesome to watch you conquer your fear. I can't wait to see what the rest of the summer holds.
Sweet-pea, I love you to the moon and back,
Mommy

No comments: