Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, July 16, 2006

Countdown


Lucas' birthday party is a week away and I am really getting excited. I have a million things to do. We are just having a laid back BBQ & Pool Party with a family and a few of Lucas' friends so there isn't any major theme to it. I am going to attempt to make his birthday cake so that should be interesting. I think I'm going to make a test cake Friday night that Curt can take Saturday when he goes to his Grandpa's.

A few people have asked for suggestions of something to get him and honestly we are just looking forward to having everyone with us to celebrate his first year.... but because several of you have asked:
* He just got into pushing cars around (right now he just has two McDonald Toys from the movie) Walmart has these Playskool Wheel Pals that are really chunky for little hands to push around. They are less then $4 each. http://www.hasbro.com/playskool/wheelpals/
* He is really into putting little things into bigger things (he is always putting his toys into a box and dumping them out again
* Fisher Price Little People or Baby Legos. He loves to carry the little guys around.
* Books, he loves to be read to
*Singing Happy Birthday to him
* Sun hats http://www.oldnavy.com/browse/product.do?cid=6239&pid=381938
* Clothes especially little sleeveless or short sleeve rompers Wal-mart has some cute Carters brand ones (12 m) so do Old Navy (6-12 months) and Target (12)
* Also any clothes the next size up would be great... esp if you find something cheap on clearance 12-18 months because we don't have any clothes at all that size.
* Bibs that will cover him and keep his clothes clean!
* Splashing around in the pool with him
* Baby Sunscreen
* A big hug and kiss in person

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The invites look awesome - I wish I was coming!

There will be pictures right? please? I'll be good and everything!!!

Liz said...

Hey I want to send Lucas something so email me your address- I wish we could be there to see Lushus turn ONE!