Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, July 24, 2006

Our Walls Will Remain Crayon Free for a Little While Longer


A year ago today

Since last week Lucas has been going to occupational therapy (for some reason I've been calling OT physical therapy. He starts physical therapy on Wednesday.) For the most part he really likes it because it involves playing, cheerios, and lots of praise and clapping. We've noticed that after two sessions he has already started to get on his knees more often and tries to sit up on his own more.

Today the therapist asked how often Lucas colors at home. At first I gave her a strange look so she asked if we ever gave him crayons so he could "practice scribbling." I told her we haven't given him any crayons yet (we don't even own any) because they would just end up in his mouth. She got him out a few sheets of paper and a green crayon and sat him down at a little kid table. She scribbled a little on the paper and handed him the crayon. He put the crayon in his mouth. She tried several times and several different approaches to get him to use the crayon to color on the paper. All attempts were futile.

2 comments:

alicia said...

My kids never colored on the wall, but for some reason my neighbor's kids love to write on my walls. I recommend semi-gloss satin latex - very scrubbable.

Anonymous said...

Ha ha!! Super-Mom wins again! I would have just taken your word for it and not tried to give him the crayons (I mean, you are his mom, you do know him pretty well!! lol) but that's just me.

So awesome that you're already seeing results from the PT - I'm glad it doesn't feel like a big waste of time, that's always disheartening.

And wow!!! GORGEOUS belly! *sigh* Mine's still all saggy *blush*