Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Friday, August 11, 2006

"What a glorious feeling"

Today Lucas had a combined PT & OT appointment and both of his therapists raved about the progress he has been making. They both also said how surprised they were by how quickly he is progressing. PT & OT are becoming such a positive thing for Lucas. He has come so far in just a few weeks. He has more muscle town and he uses the things he learns at therapy playing at home.

After therapy Lucas and I had a lunch date at Queeny's with Brandi. Unfortunately, Queeny's was closed for some reason. We ended up following Brandi to the Firefly Cafe followed by my first trip (of many I am sure) to the Back in the Day Bakery (where they have the biggest and best Chocolate Chip cookies I have ever tasted!!!) I love getting together with Brandi because she always takes me to these great places I would have never found on my own. She is also a great listener and always has at least one story to tell me that always makes my nose very thankful that I wasn't drinking anything while she shared the details.

On our way home it started to rain. I love when it rains in the summer because I love how the cold rain drops feel on my hot skin. Just as we got home the rain was more of a sprinkle so I let Lucas feel the raindrops for the first time. (Yes he has been out in the rain during mad dashes to the car but he was always covered up and never before able to just enjoy the sensation of rain.) His had this blissful expression on his face as he tried to catch the droplets of rain in his hands. It made me so happy that he was enjoying the misty rain but then again I was always one of those children that loved when it rained because that could only mean one thing... mud puddles.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Mud puddles and running around in the back yard half-naked. Or, better yet, getting totally and completely drenched in a torential downpour at the lookout over the lake with my boyfriend wondering wtf I was doing. I swear, I rang my clothes out and found over a litre of water after THAT one. *sigh*

I wish it rained like that here.