Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, January 25, 2007

Chicken and Spinach Risotto

I love trying new recipes. Tonight I made this with minor alterations. It was yummy and pretty healthy and I've never cooked with fresh spinach before. I think I found a new dinner staple for us.
1 Tbsp. oil
1 lb. boneless skinless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
4 cups baby spinach leaves, washed, dried
1&1/2 cups MINUTE White Rice, uncooked
1 cup grape or cherry tomatoes
1 can (14-1/2 oz.) condensed chicken broth
1/4 cup KRAFT 100% Grated Parmesan Cheese
Garlic & Pepper to taste

HEAT oil in large deep nonstick skillet on medium heat. Add chicken; cook 10 min. or until chicken is cooked through, stirring frequently.

ADD spinach, rice, tomatoes, broth and water; mix well. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; cover. Simmer 5 min., stirring occasionally.

STIR in the Parmesan cheese.

2 comments:

Tara said...

Sounds yummy, my family will be over tomorrow night at 8 for dinner with you guys! JK, it does sound delicious!

K A R I™ said...

Then you guys will be starving since there won't be any food lett! We eat SUPER early! ;-) Usually at 5.