Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, January 01, 2007

On Turning 25

I'm not one of those people who hates getting older, yet. I adore the attention that birthdays bring and actually get bummed out when my friends or family forget my birthday. Yesterday we went to my parents' house for a birthday lunch (my mom had to work today) and it was really nice. My parents have always gone out of their way for my birthday. I really didn't do anything special for my birthday but I did get to sleep in (at least until Lucas finally snuck past his Daddy and woke me up.)
I keep looking in the mirror expecting to feel older or more grown up but I don't. I have moved up into a new age group. I can no longer check the box next to 18-24. I'm now lumped into 25-30. I don't feel like I belong in the older group. Here I am still with my jeans and flip flops and I feel like a little kid. I still pick up a "teen" magazine from time to time because I can relate more to the clothes and makeup in those type of magazines than I can in the "adult" magazines.

No comments: