Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Tuesday, February 27, 2007

Lucas is 19 Months Old!

Today's meet up was at the Jacksonville Zoo. This is his second trip to a zoo and he loved it even more the second time. It was a little warm outside so to encourage Lucas to drink his water I added a little juice to sweeten it. He drank his water pretty quickly so I wasn't worried about him getting dehydrated.

Right after he finished drinking his sippy we stopped at these giant statues of Elephants. All the other kids were excited to see them and wanted to climb all over them. Lucas was acting clingy so I thought he was was just scared of the giant fake elephants (which I thought was a little strange for him since he has never been afraid of ANYTHING before.)

When we left the elephants we went by a giant fish tank which was part of a Jaguar exhibit. Lucas loved seeing the "fiSHHH's. He still was acting a little funny so I thought it must be because it was around his nap time.

When we saw that you could see a Jaguar napping from inside of a restaurant we decided to stop for lunch. Lucas was still acting tired so after he finished eating lunch (which was just a few bites of rice and beans because he didn't seem hungry) I took him back to the Jaguar window. While we were standing and looking at the Jaguar, Lucas turned his head and just started throwing up. Luckily, he didn't get anything on me and I had brought him a change of clothes. The staff was really nice and mopped up his mess for me. I laid Lucas in his crib and he just kicked back. All he threw up was liquid and I realized it must have been the juice I added to his water. I checked the label before I bought it to make sure it didn't include peaches, but I didn't even think about the apricots in it because he has never had it before.

Lucas rested in his stroller while we looked at a few exhibits and while everyone else rode the carousel. He started to come back to life just before he got to the petting zoo where you could pet and brush pygmy goats.

He had a fun time watching the goats eat and started to imitate the way they eat with their mouth open.

We took a train ride around the zoo and I think the vibrations from the train slowly put Lucas to sleep.



The train ride gave us a mini behind the scenes tour. We got to see some of the animals pretty close up.

It was neat to see the Giraffes and elephants as we went by.

After his short nap on the train Lucas was ready to check out more animals.



My friend Katie went with us too. (Well, I guess we went with her since we took her car.) All the kids loved her and she did her share of holding little hands, and hauling kids around. Lucas actually went to her over me (except when he wasn't feeling good) and Lucas' friend Nicole also loved Katie holding her as well.

See more pictures Here

2 comments:

Liz said...

Hi- I am getting caught up we just got back today, but I wanted to tell you how big Lucas is looking. It really makes me sad that we haven't seen him (and you too) in so long.

Lini said...

Looks like a fun day (well, except the puking :()! I wish we could have made it!