Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Monday, December 01, 2008

Sarah Palin in Savannah


Today Lucas and I went down to the Saxby Chambliss rally on a whim. We weren't really planning to go because he has his first Dentist appointment (he is cavity free) around the same time as the rally. His appointment ended up being really quick and since we were pretty close to downtown already I decided to just check it out more out of curiosity than any sort of political statement. It was pretty cool to be so close to someone who so many people absolutely love and others love to hate. Mostly the crowd was made up of older white couples or young women in business suits.

Lucas did really well. He spent part of the rally on my shoulders (which is why the video of Palin speaking is kind of shaky) and the other part sitting on my feet. He actually got into it and would clap when the crowd would clap. I am glad we went now. I think it is important to expose kids to politics. I remember going to vote with my Parents and Grandparents. I also remember going to see Dan Quayle with my mom when my Dad was serving in Dessert Storm.
(video of Lucas clapping)

1 comment:

Charity said...

aw man.. I didn't know she was here.. I would have went too..