Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, February 05, 2009

It's Official, I'm Ready to Be a Bone Marrow Donor

Last week, in honor and memory of my friend Dawn I signed up to become a bone marrow donor. Yesterday the donor test kit came in the mail for me to complete the process. All I had to do was swab the insides of my cheeks with 4 cotton swaps and package them up to be mailed back. The process is so easy that I hope more people will sign up to be donors.



3 comments:

Unknown said...

YEAH! Go Kari, Kenny's dad is a donor and actually donated about a year ago or so for a little boy...no news on the status of the boy but it was wicked painful for his dad but TOTALLY worth it!!!

Charity said...

What a wonderful way to honor your friend.. That is awesome of you!

Mike said...

Thanks for becoming a donor and helping spread the word!