Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I'm a Swinger

Today I took Lucas to the park so he could play with some of his friends. He wanted me to push him on the swing, which I did for a while before deciding I would try and teach him to pump his legs. I tried by just telling him to move his feet up and back and then I tried illustrating it with my fingers. Finally, when he still wasn't fully understanding what I was saying I reluctantly sat myself in the swing next to him.

I haven't sat in a swing in quite a while and the main reason for this is my rear end just did not fit in one comfortably. The sides of the swing would dig in to my sides and hurt and I felt embarrassed for even smashing myself into a child's swing. Today though my slowly shrinking behind actually fit!!! Before I knew it I was pumping my legs up and down and being cheered on by my very impressed three year old son to go "faster Mommy!" I forgot just how much fun swinging could be. Lucas then asked me to hold his hand and we swung hand-in-hand while we both giggled for several minutes before he saw kids on the playground and he decided he would rather play with them.

Lately, I've been a little bummed by how slowly the weight has been coming off this last round. This summer I was losing weight at double even triple the rate of what I am doing now. I've just been so focused on watching the numbers on the scale go down and my clothing shrink that I've forgotten to pat myself on the back for how far I've come already. The feeling of being able to swing right next to Lucas today was amazing! It was even better than fitting into a smaller size jeans for the first time.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I totally have tears....way to go GIRL!!!! That is so awesome and I bet that's your motivator now to keep it off :) Just think of all the things that are easier to do now....I'm PROUD of you!!!!!

Corinne said...

You're doing a fantastic job with the weight loss Kari!!! The longer you go, the slower you'll lose the weight, that is just normal.

You rock! :D

Erin L. said...

:heart

What a fantastic post!

Charity said...

How awesome is that!! Please let me know what size jeans you're in.. I have a ton, every size I'm sure..and you're welcome to them.. Remember too, that losing this weight is for a life time and as I always hear, nice and slow is the way to go, it's easier to keep it off that way.. 30 lbs is AWESOME!!

Kirsten said...

YOu definitely need to give yourself more credit! You look great! Look at your skinny shadow!