Our Timelines

Daisypath Lilypie Lilypie Trying to Conceive Event tickers

Sunday, November 20, 2005

"Mom, Please let me taste the dog"


We spent the day at Curt's Dad's house. At first we had just planned on staying for a short visit because we haven't really been out for a long period of time since Lucas got on his schedule and we weren't sure how he would do. Lucas hadn't seen this set of Grandparents in a while (our fault not theirs) and they invited us to stay for dinner so we decided to stay.

Before we left the house we were told that we better bring pictures of Lucas with us. Bob just had back surgery not too long ago so we figured it was best not to argue with a man that has had disks replaced through his neck. The threat came because the only picture they had of Lucas was his birth announcement and it made me realize I better get out pictures to all his Grandparents.

I'm really glad we decided to stay for longer than we planned. I ended up going grocery shopping with Laurie while Curt stayed with Lucas and watched Star Wars Episode 3 on his Dad's big screen. It was nice to get out and talk with Laurie. When we got home I found a suprisingly calm husband who swore "he just quit crying," and and well rested baby "he did sleep though more than he cried."

Lucas is turning in to be quite the dog lover. His grandparents have the sweetest puppy named Max. As sweet and laid back as Jadie is Max is 100x more. He just goes with the flow. He liked trying to give Lucas kisses and Lucas loved grabbing onto his fur. Lucas is one strong willed baby! He kept getting mad at me because I wouldn't let him put the dog in his mouth. I'm sure as soon as he can get around on his own the first thing he is going to do is find the nearest dog and taste a mouth full of dog fur. I should have gotten pictures of the two of them but today Curt was the photographer so I'll just blame him. We're supposed to go back Sunday to celebrate Thanksgiving with them and the rest of his family and take Jadie to play with Max, so I'm sure there will be photos then.

Around 3 (his normal nap time) Lucas started to get fussy so I went back to Curt's parents room where Curt was already watching a movie to lay down Lucas... who amazingly went right to sleep so I curled up right next to him and we got an hour nap! When we woke up dinner was just about ready. Bob had made the most amazing chicken fingers from scratch and Lucas kept eyeing them while he sucked down his bottle. We stayed for a few minutes after dinner and got home just in time to do Lucas' night time rituals and put him to bed at 8:00. Again he "went to bed" without any tears. I went in at 8:30 to check on him and he was laying there smiling and laughing so I kissed him on the head and told him good night again and walked out. At 8:45 I checked on him again while talking to my mom on the phone and he was asleep.

Today ended up being a great day and it really got me excited about Thanksgiving and getting together with everyone this week! Also, now I know Lucas will sleep anywhere when he is tired enough. I'm glad he didn't end up being one of those kids that will only go to sleep at their own house or in their own bed.

1 comment:

Liz said...

That is so great for you!